Friday, January 23, 2009

my first poem in German

In an effort to calm Robert down at a moment of relative academic stress, I composed a little poem.

Quick summary: it’s always better not to let oneself stress, because you can simply get more done when you are calm. Easy to say, not so easy to remember when I get stressed myself (which is rather often - I am not quite the master of punctuality as many can attest to). My papers are still in the process of being researched, so my stressful time is still looming ominously. I’ll try to keep calmness in mind though, and meanwhile I should probably stop blogging so much so that I can actually get some work done!

Apparently there are two grammatical errors but I just have not found them yet. Enjoy if you can read German :-)

In der Ruhe, liegt die Kraft
(Dedicated to Robertt)

Jemand sehr klug und weise hat mir einmal gesagt....
In der Ruhe, liegt die Kraft.
Ich fand das schön, aber dann ich habe gefragt
wie man das machen kann; die Laune ist doch wechselhaft.
Aber es hat sich im Laufe der Zeit
Ständig und immer und zuverlässig gezeigt,
dass wenn man alles langsamer versucht,
Dann schafft man mehr, wenn man nicht flucht
Zum Beispiel anstatt die Arbeit zu vermeiden
Nehmt man die Arbeit mit beiden Beinen
Man bekommt zurück für seinen rühigen Gedanken
Ganz viel Erfolg, was kein Person könnte schenken.

Also in der Ruhe, liegt die Kraft
Und später wenn man alles schafft,
dann kommt man ganz Stolz raus aus der Haft!

No comments: